Monday, August 9, 2010

What is Healthy?

Sometimes I get asked: " I thought you only cooked healthy food"? So here we are with my famous Country Style Steak. A staple of any Southern kitchen. So what is my opinion on foods like this? Enjoy in moderation; and use the best ingredients. This meal would only be unhealthy if you ate it every other night and consumed large portions. I made this gravy from scratch (milk, salt, pepper, flour, that's it), and used grass-fed beef that I get from a lady's farm in the same town where I live. I also made my own mashed potatoes with real butter and milk. You will never ever find margerine (fake butter) or instant potatoes in this house. I just do not understand why you would buy something in a box that is so so easy to make using the real vegetable. *Hint* I do not peel my potatoes. I buy the little ones and chop them up real quick, boil, drain, salt, milk, butter, the end :-)

Oh and by the way, this is my husband's plate, not mine. Just so you didn't think I was a pig :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment